Wednesday, June 7, 2006

National Chocolate Ice Cream Day, Daniel Boone Day, Freedom of the Press Day, June 7th


Caution: This Post Was Posted Under the Influence of Fatiguey Sleepyness

National Chocolate Ice Cream Day

According to this website Chocolate ice cream is the second most preferred ice cream.

Here are the top five most preferred ice cream flavors:

1. Vanilla, 29%

2. Chocolate, 8.9%

3. Butter pecan, 5.3%

4. Strawberry, 5.3%

5. Neapolitan, 4.2%
I Disagree with a big D. The only reason vanilla is number one is because people eat it with pie, and other a'la mode desserts. I bet if we could do a study of what type of ice cream cones are sold, chocolate would be way up there above vanilla. Because really, who orders a vanilla cone? And I am talking hard ice cream here, not soft, or frozen yogurt, or custard.

So let us celebrate Chocolate Ice Cream today! Go get a cone, let it drip down your fingers, bury your lips into it. Celebrate chocolate ice cream like a child!

Daniel Boone Day

If you didn't learn about Daniel Boone in your grammar school days, now is your chance to take some time to learn about Daniel Boone, American Pioneer and Trailblazer, who said "I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks." Absent will admit to being confused for several years, but that's another story, and not quite American Heroic. Anyway, check out Mr. Boone here.

Freedom of the Press Day

Absent believes in freedom of the press. However, Absent believes that with freedom comes responsibility and too often members of the press will slant stories, or tell incomplete truths in order to write a story with a "spin." Absent finds this to be smallminded, and lazy. Absent thinks that members of the press should remember responsibility when they are enjoying their freedoms. Responsibilities to tell the whole story, responsibilities to interview more than the most vocal voices in an issue. Sometimes, most times, truth lies in those who choose not to speak openly, and falsehood lies in those who are addicted to listening to themselves speak, and as with all addictions they push their deadly-word-drugs on anyone in shouting distance. When reporters abuse their power, they spread the mis-information they have gathered from their lack of true research, which is bad. There, I said it, one of my biggest pet peeves is poor reporting.

6 comments:

Th. said...

.

I like vanilla. It's one of the most complex flavors known to science and when my only two choices are vanilla and chocolate, I will take vanilla eight times out of ten.

Maybe nine.

And I like chocolate too.

Tolkien Boy said...

Do you know of any place that is giving out free chocolate ice cream? I ask because I really want some now and funds are low.

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

Well, you could sign up for Baskin Robbin's Birthday Club. You could say it is your birthday today. It looks like we missed Ben & Jerry's Cone Day in April. Arctic Circle used to sell a .05 cent kid cone, I don't know if they still do, but they did when I was in college and I lived in the House of Nine Girls. We used to caravan there right before it would close and get kiddie cones. They hated us there.

Th. said...

.

They were still selling 25c cones when I lived in Utah.

And: how the heck did neopolitan get in the top five?

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

Were they a quarter? I guess that is still a good deal. I thought that I remember them being shockingly cheap though.

I don't know how Neopolitan got in the top five. I know I have never bought it myself.

I also think it's strange that Butter Pecan is in there. I don't think that I have ever eaten Butter pecan. What about Mint Chocolate Chip, or Rocky Road?

Th. said...

.

Seriously. I like it, sure, but where's cookiesncream? chocochipcookiedough? etc? What is up with America?