Monday, September 18, 2006

National Cheeseburger Day, September 18th


National Cheeseburger Day

Since we just experienced Chocolate Milkshake Day, I think the universe wants us to go out to eat good, old-fashioned, fattening, American food this month. To prepare for the holidays I guess.

When looking on the internet for cheeseburgers that I haven't tasted that I might want to taste, I was tempted by the menu at Cheeseburger In Paradise. And, I was also happy to see that they have a gluten-free menu, so I can visit there with my gluten-free friends. But, it looks like it I won't be able to visit there until they spread out a little west, or I go back a little east, as the closest restaurant to me is in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

Whenever I head up north to the Pacific Northwest, I eat a delightful cheeseburger at a chain called Burgerville. It is made with Tillamook Cheese (The best cheddar cheese ever- no bovine growth hormone added!) Burgerville also has a Black Bean Gardenburger and seasonal menus with Walla-Walla Sweet Onion Rings in the summer, and a to-die-for Hazelnut-Chocolate Shake at Christmas.

So, where does the Absent-minded Secretary eat a cheeseburger when she really wants one and she doesn't want to go eight hundred miles in one direction or another? Fuddruckers.

At Fuddruckers you can get your hamburger made with ostrich meat. Which sounds wild and crazy, but really mostly just tastes the same.

Being a control freak, I really like Fuddruckers because I can control exactly how my Cheeseburger turns out, and it doesn't seem like I am being too control-freaky about it. (Yea! I can be picky about sauce and not worry about bothering a waitress!)

And I have also had some pretty good memories at Fuddruckers. I have had at least three birthday parties there, and two of them were supposed to be surprises, but no-one has ever been able to throw a complete surprise party on me. So every time I walk into a Fuddruckers, I look around to see if there are people waiting to surprise me. It's quite nice, in a special way.

International Talk Like A Pirate Day Eve

Tomorrow is International Talk Like A Pirate Day. This is a very important day for... um... pirates.

To learn how to speak pirate properly from the thromborax, and with the proper conjugation of your verbs, check out this video. You will want to prepare now, so you won't be embarrassed when all your friends are saying stuff like avast, aye aye, and arrragh! all day tomorrow.

No comments: