- 09-09-09 is the last of repeating single-digit dates until 01-01-2101
- Wednesday and September both have 9 letters.
- September 9th is the 252nd day of the year. 2+5+2=9
- 9 is an important number in Chinese culture because 9's pronunciation is similar to the word for long-lasting
There are also some not-so-exciting things associated with the number 9
- Roy Hobbs wore the number 9
- There is a "curse" related to 9th symphonies (Ludwig van Beethoven, Franz Schubert, Anton Bruckner, Antonin Dvorak, and Gustav Mahler all never finished their Tenth Symphonies.)
- 9 is considered unlucky in Japan because 9's pronunciation is similar to the word for pain
Anyway, if you think that 09-09-09 is lucky or unlucky, or even if you think it is a marketing gimmick, you can celebrate 09-09-09 easily by taking a moment to watch this creative commentary about how the number 9 can change the gene pool.