Wednesday, March 14, 2007

3.14 or Pi Day! , March 14th


Pi Day!

Oh my gosh! I almost forgot about Pi Day! Thank goodness that Soccer Dad reminded me or we might have gone all day without recognizing the wonderfulness that is Pi! If you want to go all out, hold your celebration at 1:59 pm, which will mean that you are recognizing the six-digit approximation of Pi: 3.14159.

If you want to send an ecard to someone to share the joy of Pi day, you can check out this site, and this site, and this site.

If you are looking for a book to read about dragons and Pi, I would recommend, Sir Cumference and the Dragon of Pi: A Math Adventure .

Wikihow has quite a detailed page about how to celebrate Pi Day, including a link for How to Write an Ode About Math.

If those things don't help you in your search for how to celebrate Pi Day, this site has a lot of links to Pi things. And if you check out this site, and take a survey, you could win a free Pi t-shirt.

And you could always check out last year's Pi Day post. Last year was probably a better post. It has Pi in binary and some other fun links about Pi.

Or just read some Pi poetry, that should make your day great!

4 comments:

B.G. Christensen said...

We got blueberry cheesecake at Denny's in Eugene. Does that count?

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

Yep. You celebrated much better than I did. I ate macaroni and cheese with green beens for dinner.

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

And I do believe that there is a Shari's in Eugene. I think that I have eaten there.

B.G. Christensen said...

I'm sure there is, but we probably would have had to stray from I5 to find it, which we were too lazy to do.