Monday, February 19, 2007

Oscar Preparation

After an orgy of movies this last week and weekend, I have now seen 28 of the 58 movies that have been nominated for the Academy Awards. Edgy shouldn't have encouraged me to rent Cars, because that was the movie that pushed me ahead of him in numbers of movies viewed. Well, Cars and The Illusionist, but The Illusionist has been on my list of movies to see since LL recomended it over The Prestige, and that was a long time ago. The upcoming Academy Awards just urged me to see it a little sooner than I probably would have.


With only five days left to see movies, I probably have seen most of what I will see before the show. But, there are a few more that I would like to get in before I have to fill in my ballot at Edgy's Oscar Party. And because I like to share, I will share with internet my list.

Red indicates movies I have alreay seen, blue, are movies I would like to see before the Oscars on Sunday, and green, are movies I would like to see eventually, but know that I can't reasonably get to before Sunday. Black is for those movies that I probably will never see. (The parentheses indicate how many nominations that film has.)

Eventually, I might get around to writings reviews, or recommendations, or complaints about movies that were missed, but as tomorrow is Mardi Gras, aka Pancake Tuesday, I might be out partying hard and flipping pancakes, so, I might forget.

1. After the Wedding (1)
2. Apocalypto (3)
3. Babel (7)
4. Binta y La Gran Idea (1)
5. The Black Dahlia (1)
6. Blood Diamond (5)
7. The Blood of Yingzhou District (1)
8. Borat (1)
9. Cars (2)
10. Children of Men (3)
11. Click (1)
12. Curse of the Golden Flower (1)
13. The Danish Poet (1)
14. Days of Glory (1)
15. Deliver Us from Evil (1)
16. The Departed (5)
17. The Devil Wears Prada (2)
18. Dreamgirls (8)
19. Eramos Pocos (1)
20. Flags of Our Fathers (2)
21. The Good German (1)
22. The Good Shepherd (1)
23. Half Nelson (1)
24. Happy Feet (1)
25. Helmer & Son (1)
26. The Illusionist (1)
27. An Inconvenient Truth (2)
28. Iraq in Fragments (1)
29. Jesus Camp (1)
30. The Last King of Scotland (1)
31. Letters from Iwo Jima (4)
32. Lifted (1)
33. Little Children (3)
34. Little Miss Sunshine (4)
35. The Little Matchgirl (1)
36. The Lives of Others (1)
37. Maestro (1)
38. Marie Antoinette (1)
39. My Country, My Country (1)
40. Monster House (1)
41. No Time for Nuts (1)
42. Notes on a Scandal (4)
43. Pan's Labrynth (6)
44. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (4)
45. Poseidon (1)
46. The Prestige (2)
47. The Pursuit of Happyness (1)
48. The Queen (6)
49. Recycled Life (1)
50. Rehearsing a Dream (1)
51. The Saviour (1)
52. Superman Returns (1)
53. Two Hands (1)
54. United 93 (2)
55. Venus (1)
56. Volver (1)
57. Water (1)
58. West Bank Story (1)

(Yes, Dreamgirls is on my "probably will never get around to seeing it" list. I'm sorry, I just don't even have an inch of desire to see it, even if it did get 8 nominations.)

5 comments:

Christian said...

Umm . . . You didn't see Lifted; they didn't play that one last night. Mark it black.

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

Okay. I didn't see Lifted. Are all the rest correct? I lost track of the titles somewhere in the middle of the first block.

B.G. Christensen said...

Would you have seen Dreamgirls if it had Lauryn Hill instead of Beyonce? (There is only one correct answer to this question.) Because Joel Schumacher wanted her.

Th. said...

.

You. Are amazing.

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

MF: Of course. (Was that the right answer?) Truthfully, I'm not sure. I don't know what is wrong with me, I feel like Dreamgirls is a movie that I ought to like, but I don't have any desire to see it.

Thmazing Theric: Thanks!