Friday, March 3, 2006

I Want You To Be Happy Day, What if Cats and Dogs Had Opposable Thumbs Day, Shabbat Across America Day, March 3rd

I Want You To Be Happy Day


The only information I can find on this day is e-card websites, which leads me to believe that this isn't a real holiday, but a made-up holiday to create more e-traffic. I would guess that this could be a useful holiday, if you already wanted to say this to someone. Otherwise, I think, just out of no-where, the phrase seems a bit odd. Almost, like you are breaking up with them, but want to be nice. But, maybe I'm tainted. Hotmail just sent me a list of reasons why I'm still single. I'm afraid to open it.

Anyway, the number seven result from my google search for the "I want you to be happy day" was No Pants Day which isn't for 62 days, 13 hours and 10 minutes of me writing this post. Interesting site. There are songs and everything. Maybe if I didn't wear pants I could fix that single thing.

What if Cats and Dogs Had Opposable Thumbs Day

Someone wondered. Someone cartooned it. Someone made a day about it.

Shabbat Across America/Canada Day

In the middle of Lent, we can forget that there are other religious observations honored at this time. Tonight is Shabbat Across America/Canada. If you want to learn more about Shabbat observance, try here. If you want to try cooking your own Shabbat meal, look here for some menus and recipes. (I really like that each menu has a different recipe for the challah bread, but each recipe has the required step of saying a blessing when you divide the dough.)

Okay, I have had enough internet playtime. Time to vacuum my apartment, and unload the dishwasher.

13 comments:

Christian said...

Yay! No Pants Day! I can't wait. :)

Anonymous said...

Donald Duck didn't wear pants and he was single. And more than a little unbalanced. He tried to kill his nephews on multiple occasions. Maybe you should replace No Pants Day with Choose Psychological Health Day (which I just invented) and keep your nether regions covered. Or, if you must, you could honor both days by wearing a kilt, Uncle Scrooge style.

Anonymous said...

I dunno, ll. Wearing a kilt just doesn't seem psycologically healthy. The only people I've known to wear kilts have been rather messed up.

Anonymous said...

b- older brother had to wear that kilt- it was the marching band uniform.

Anonymous said...

ll- So are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

Women aren't allowed to wear kilts. It's not feminine. The kilt is verrrry manly. We like to see mens knees. Especially when they are tossing cabors, hammers, and stones.

I go to Scottish festivals lots.

Th. said...

.

Opposable thumbs....

Heh.

Anonymous said...

I think I Want You to Be Happy Day may have been created by women who have read "He's Just Not That Into You" and think they understand it but they really don't.

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

th: Hemingway's Cats had extra toes... maybe could look like thumbs

ll: "I want you to be happy because I'm just not that in to you" or "I'm just not that in to you because I want you to be happy" ? ;)

Anonymous said...

Knees, ams? You could be into washboard stomachs, alabaster brows, even butt-chins. But you're after a man with georgeous knees? Good luck. I don't think that we're even aware that we're supposed to be showing them off.

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

Well, while I appreciate a washboard stomach as much as the next girl, I can't require one since I don't have one myself, and realistically, never will. I do like butt-chins, a lot.

I don't require my dates to wear a kilt... just attend the Payson Scottish Festival with me so I can watch other men who wear kilts throw big heavy things. I also appreciate a good football game and those uniforms tight pants and the illusion of huge shoulders.

Overall I think that it is the exhibition of strength that I am attracted to, not the clothing.

Anonymous said...

I Just Want You to Be Happy Day is for the women who have realized/ been told a guy isn't really that into them and that they (the ladies) should move on, but feel that they need to let the guy know they have no hard feelings/ weren't really that into them either/ want them to be happy- in an effort to find closure (which probably will surprise the guy who often doesn't realize there was that much of a relationship in the first place) when in reality these women shouldn't be cathecting any more into the relationship. At least that's what the book says.
I've had a few frustrating roommates in this regard, as well as a couple guy friends who have received massive emotional dumping emails from ex-es who say they have read the book, claim to have seen the light, and then go on for upwards of 10 pages on how they are getting closure on the relationship. This day is for them... even though many would pass on the brief, generic Hallmark e-card because it doesn't express their true selves to the guys who don't even care what that is.
Wow. I didn't know I had so many feelings about this. I could write a book: "I'm Just Not That Into Your Emotional Problems"... and a hiliday: "I Want You To Be Silent Day". Then maybe I can get to the real point, which is that AMS paradoxically appreciates the exhibitions of strength it takes to show weakness. She's so sensitive like that. She probably loves kilt donning gents because if they also opt for sandals (a good shoe choice with a kilt) she can see their Achilleas' heels.

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

ll: I adore you!