Thursday, March 9, 2006

Panic Day, Employee Appreciation Day, March 9th


Panic Day

On Panic Day Eve, I am a bit stressed. Most everyone will probably just want to stop reading now, this probably isn't going to be one of my more interesting blogs. I think that I am only writing this because I have gotten into the habit of blogging, and now I am pretending that this is a journal or diary or something. I will get back to normal programming soon...

I have my annual employee review tomorrow. I have three things that are stressing me out about this. I'll go with the most superficial first.

I have been having some problems with my medications lately, (I have Multiple Sclerosis) and because of that I have been retaining water like crazy. And because of that I only have three shirts that don't look like I am completely clueless about what size I wear. Everything else is tight, gaping, and obviously too small. But, since this is a result of a medication problem, I refuse to buy a new wardrobe over it. But, for employee review, I want to wear one of the shirts that fit me.

The must-wear shirt is the one that I have to iron because I accidentally dried it in the dryer instead of laying it out. So I got out the spray starch, ('cause if I am going to iron, I am going to iron right.) It's been a while since I used it. When I spay it, it comes out all flaky and yucky, on my clean, black shirt. I used a damp towel and got most of it out, and continued with my ironing project. Now this is a shirt with fun sleeves- sleeves that could use cuff links. Sleeves like this have extra buttons. I hate the extra buttons because they are hidden in the folds of the cuff. And yes, I spent a little too much time with the iron over one of these hidden buttons, and burned the fabric. Arrggh!

I wish I had cuff links. The only piece of jewelry that I have ever asked a boy for was cuff links. I'm not a needy girl... I don't ask for much. I have never even asked for a engagement ring. Just cuff links, and not even a committment to go with them. I just really like cuff links. Both boys that promised me cuff links fail to follow through with their promises. Sigh. Some day I will find a boy that will give me a pair of cuff links. And then I will not iron over the hidden buttons on my shirt before employee reviews. It's all their fault. (Please note the heavy sarcasm.)

Boy, that was a long time on the superficial... I think that I will show some restraint, and skip the telling of parts two and three of why I am panicking (Well, not exactly panicking, stressed is more like it) about my employee review. Things will feel better in the morning, I am sure.

Employee Appreciation Day

I could only find one reference to today being Employee Appreciation Day, and I usually only blog a holiday if I can find three or more references, because then I feel safe about not needing to cite, because it is then common knowledge... correct me if I am wrong, please. But, I thought it might be appropriate to mention Employee Appreciation Day, on my Employee Review Day. Hopefully, I will be appreciated.

Hopefully, everyone will be super appreciated today!

Happy Employee Appreciation Day! and if you feel you must celebrate Panic Day, I am sorry, but you are in good company!

6 comments:

b said...

Hey, ams. I appreciated the Douglas Adams reference.
As for cufflinks, could you makeshift some with 2 earrings, a piece of elbow macaroni, and some adhesive? You're welocome. If you need anything else fixed, let me know quick, I think I'm channeling MacGyver

Absent-minded Secretary said...

I knew that you and LL would. All my earrings dangle, or are hoops, and probably would look funny as makeshift cuff links. i think that I will just stick with the buttons. But, thanks for channeling MacGyver for me!

Master Fob said...

Well, now I'm panicking. Don't want to be considered anti-festive.

Absent-minded Secretary said...

What are you panicking about? Or is it just generalized panic?

b said...

ams: Hooped cufflinks? Bling Bling!

qishaya said...

abercrombiefitch.uk.com propose Concise design model, whether it is Abercrombie fitch or a shirt, jacket is a good array oh.Ultra-Zan’s pants manner. buy Abercrombie Make up your body a little less than the curve.Abercrombie sale Easily with any clothing, different shoes and boots with different styles. Both kind, genial comfort, you can also cool very special Abercrombie .Designed to highlight hurtful the chest, waist and hip, quite close, sexy extraordinary.Companies consider the use of at least 4 time in-gravity Japanese market. Ginza stockroom Abercrombie & FitchAbercrombie Sweaters may be the most costly ever built one of the flagship storeroom, flagship stockpile in cheap Abercrombie compared to superior construction expenses for 1800-2000 million. The circle spokesman said in Tokyo supplies opened for the Abercrombie & Fitch's worldwide growth policy in provisos of a very important measure. Ginza supply is the circle's first mass in Asia, the business campaign to open next year in Fukuoka, Japan, out of a moment Asian restaurant. However, abercrombie stores the spokeswoman did not disclose more shop list.present high level and high assess clothing for youngsters. The food extended of Abercrombie and Fitch embrace not only casual wears,breitling watches, shirts and dresses for the youngsters but it also includes luxury matter such as perfumes and discount Abercrombie accessories. The new limit of yield from Abercrombie and Fitch has superb designs for kids and teenagers. The strain is also recognized for its advertisements,model watches, where you have physically attractivpoorly clad men and women, who begin vigorous, abercrombie outlet enthusiastic, smart and outgoing.Abercrombie 2010