Friday, March 31, 2006

National "She's Funny That Way" Day March 31st

Because I have been admonished... and because Bunsen Burner Day doesn't really inspire much discourse, at least for me, I have been working on my answers to this questionnaire (the one I am answering has a few extra questions than this linked one) that has been floating my office for about two weeks. I started working on filling in some of my answers last week, but gave up on it, because it was taking too much time. And I am having major issues with the a couple of the personality-type questions. (Apparently, I don't know who I am... at 31 that could be a problem.) I started it again tonight, and I think I will publish this from the bottom up. It will look better, more sequential, on the blog that way anyway.

But, here are "The Rules." Take 26 fairly standard questions and answer them with music lyrics. It may take some time, (A freaking long time!) but it is always fun to find the perfect song lyrics to answer a question rather than using the word. (I, personally, added the caveat that I had to own the CD, (or tape) or have at one time owned the CD, so each song really means something to me.)

And here are the answers to questions 20-26.

20.) What do you do on Friday nights?

Watching X-Files with no lights on
We’re dans la maison
I hope the Smoking Man’s in this one

Barenaked Ladies "One Week"

21.) What would you do if you won a million dollars?

Fly me to the moon
And let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On Jupiter and Mars

Julie London "Fly Me to the Moon"

22.) What is your favorite time of day?

Starry, starry night.
Paint your palette blue and grey,
Look out on a summer's day,
With eyes that know the darkness in my soul.

Don McClean "Vincent"

23.) Are you for World Peace?

Show the world how to get along,
And peace will enter, when hate is gone

Fiona Apple "Please Send Me Someone to Love"


24.) Where were you born?
My house
S'out of the ordinary

Talking Heads "Burning Down the House"

25. What song can you quote that no-one else will recognize?

Girls,
I know you will understand this
and feel the intrinsic incredible emotion
You have just pulled over your head the worn,
warm sweater belonging to a boy
Now, you haven't had a passionate kissing session or anything,
but you got to go on a camping trip with him
and eight other people from school
And you practically slept together,
your sleeping bag right next to his
And you woke in the night to watch him as he slept
but you couldn't see anything 'cause it was dark
so you just laid there and listened to his breathing
and wondered if your heart might burst

Cadell Meryn "The Sweater"


26.) Any closing words?

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you
Sweet dreams that leave our worries far behind you
But in your dreams whatever they be
Dream a little dream of me

The Beautiful South "Dream a Little Dream"


So, I might work on the rest of it tomorrow... I might not. I'm just funny that way.

3 comments:

B.G. Christensen said...

This is a very cool idea. I might have to do it.

And I'm glad you respond well to admonishment. If only everyone were so obedient.

Christian said...

Well, some people have stronger resistance to admonishment.

And Absent, I worry that my hard-earned tax dollars are going to your coworkers' time to respond to insane surveys.

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

Master Fob: Please do it too, then I won't feel so lame for spending so much time on this. Of course, you probably won't take as long as I have... so, I will feel lame anyway.

I am trying to encourage you and anyone else who feels the need to express themselves in a new way to do this...

Edgy, come on, you know that you want to. If you want, I will refund your .001% of your tax dollars that went to the Federal housing fund last week.